“Personal Data” is defined in Article 4(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
“personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”
We recognise that visitors to the Site may be concerned about the information, including personal data, they provide to us and how we handle that information. Therefore we have taken the necessary steps to meet data privacy requirements and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by QubePay.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site and using QubePay’s services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
What information does QubePay collect?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us
You may provide personal information about yourself by email, by telephone, by filling in forms on our Site or completing application forms for use of our services. This includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, requesting further services, reporting problems with our Site or carrying out any other activities on our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, business details, and other personal information.
- Information we collect about you
Information we receive from other sources.Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, web server logs/internet protocol (IP) addresses, cookies, traffic data, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, location data.
- Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the QubePay service, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
How we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To ensure the content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or other network device.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To enable you to take part in any market research we include on or link to or from our Site, or in which we invite you to take part.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to any member of our group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (including to partners that verify whether your information is valid and accurate) and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal rights.
We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Security and storage of your information
We will take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to prevent any unauthorised access, improper use, accidental loss, misuse, destruction or damage to your information.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen where any of our servers or those of our third party service providers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where possible, we will seek to work with service providers whose servers are located within the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure password protected and firewall protected servers. Sensitive information between your browser and the Site is transferred in encrypted form.
Transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although QubePay will do its best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site, any transmission of information to our Site is at your own risk.
Information about your rights regarding your personal data
You may have certain rights regarding our use and processing of your Personal Data.
Your rights if your data is covered by GDPR
If your Personal Data are covered by the GDPR (that is, if you are an individual within the European Economic Area), you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- The right to request access to the Personal Data that QubePay has about you;
- The right to rectify or correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format so that you can transmit the data to third parties, or to request that QubePay directly transfer your Personal Data to one more third parties;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing and other purposes;
- The right to erasure of your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it, as well as the right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data to certain limited purposes where erasure is not possible;
- The right to withdraw consent on using your Personal Data;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority in the event that you believe or have the impression that our data processing does not comply with the GDPR.
Third party websites